Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stamps

This week has started off in a bouncy, rubbery way.

On Monday I got some Stampendous stamps that I can really identify with.  They are beach and boat scenes!  I've been wanting to get the Scene range of cling stamps ever since I saw a demo using embossing powders to 'paint' the landscape.  Check this YouTube video.  I just couldn't decide which designs were most appropriate, living in the tropics and on an island and all.

From Amazon.com:
Umbrella Beach, Beachfront Boat, Sailboat Bay

'Sailboat Bay' reminds me of 'down the islands'.

I was also happy to find this:
Tiny Alphabet

I took a chance and ordered from two UK sites.  One was The Glitter Pot - who previously didn't ship to Trinidad, but added it to its list of countries, 4 months after my original request.  Of course, by this time they were sold out of the stamp that I originally wanted.   The second company was TandaStamps.

The Glitter Pot envelope was mailed out on the 27th June and the TandaStamps was mailed on the 5th August.  Both were delivered to me today - hmmmmm.

From Glitter Pot:
Flower Patterns

African Holiday

Oriental Treasure - Lanterns

Unmounted Rubber Stamps on sheets fron TandaStamps:
Town Set, Village Set, Garden Elements (5 1/4" x 3 1/2")

Art Nouveau Set 1 & 2, Art Deco Set 1, Art Nouveau Borders (5 1/4" x 7 3/4")

2 comments:

  1. Cannot remember who's blog I connected to you through, but loveing your artwork! I also have purchased stamps from Tanda and have several of the sets you have above. I try to order from Blicks only once a year because the shipping just kills me, lol! I am in Sweden and also have to import my supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by jerseytjej. I'm organising my workspace and haven't tried out my stamps yet. I recently organised them into inserts in three-ring binders. Shipping, customs duties, taxes and possible theft are my stressors! :)

    ReplyDelete