Monday, August 8, 2011

More Self-Portrait Experiments

I recently viewed the live stream of an artist who said that she makes copies of her drawings, especially of faces, and practices on them.

I decided to apply that to my self-portrait idea, by scanning a few images and printing them out on 8.5" x 11 "  white card stock.

This image was left without hair, so that I could play with different types of hear/headwear.  My coloured pencil skill is matched the quality of my pencils. Her purple and gold hair and pink lips were done in a metallic crayon called Colorix.  Her eyeshadow was done in a metallic gel pen.  Her earrings were done with a gold metallic marker.

These had torsos added and were reproduced in two sizes:



After starting with Derwent Inktense pencils on this one, I'm considering finishing it off with acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment